Looking at fat transfer breast augmentation before and after photos, you can see that significant changes can be made to your breasts by just using your own fat from other places on your body.
We can remove unwanted fat from your abdomen, flanks, upper arms, or thighs, and relocate it to your breasts where it may suit your profile better.
Although it cannot give you the same dramatic results breast implants can, fat transfer breast augmentation can certainly improve the shape of your breasts and add a bit more volume for a more attractive silhouette. Here’s what to expect as you approach your fat transfer breast augmentation surgery.
Benefits of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Numerous benefits exist for the fat transfer breast augmentation procedure:
- Breast tissue is enhanced naturally, without the need for prosthetic breast implants.
- As long as the majority of transferred fat cells survive, most patients can achieve a breast size increase of at least one-half cup size to one cup size, and sometimes more. See breast augmentation with fat transfer before and after photos to get an idea of potential results.
- Patients who have uneven breasts can harvest fat and transfer it to their breasts as a form of breast reconstruction (to even out the size and shape of the breasts).
- This type of breast enhancement is virtually scarless and minimally invasive. Only small dot-like scars are left from liposuction, which will fade over time.
- Because no breast implant is used, there’s no need for regular image monitoring to look for possible ruptures.
- Excess fat deposits can be eliminated with the liposuction portion of the breast fat transfer, leaving “trouble areas” like stubborn abdominal fat sleeker and slimmer.
- This type of breast surgery is an outpatient procedure, so the patient can generally go home on the same day as their procedure.
- Patients can avoid the risks associated with the rare, but potential complications of breast implant illness or breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (not to be confused with breast cancer).
What Are the Cons of Fat Transfer to Breast?
Like any plastic surgery procedure, there are also drawbacks to fat transfer breast augmentations:
- Only modest breast volume increases of the natural breast tissue can be achieved with a fat transfer breast procedure. Breast implant surgery can help women go up multiple cup sizes.
- If a severe difference in breast shape exists, a fat transfer breast augmentation may not be able to achieve the desired results.
- For slimmer patients, if not enough excess fat exists on the abdomen, flanks, upper arms, outer thighs, or elsewhere on the patient’s body, a fat transfer might not be possible. With that said, patients should not gain weight in order to qualify for fat transfers.
- If that patient has “too much fat” elsewhere on their body, liposuction may not have as positive an impact as it might for other patients. Obese patients may be able to lose weight and obtain better fat transfer results, however.
- In rare cases, the injected fat (grafted fat) may not “survive” in its new location, which means the natural tissue of the breast may not noticeably increase in size.
What to Expect Before and After Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Use the following tips to help yourself be more prepared when your surgery date arrives. The aim is to be physically and emotionally prepared and to have positive, realistic expectations about the procedure.
Before Breast Augmentation
First, speak with a board certified plastic surgeon at a consultation appointment to:
- Discuss your specific goals for surgery (you’ll often look at breast augmentation fat transfer before and after photos for inspiration)
- Undergo a physical examination and ensure you are a good candidate
- Talk about the details of surgery, including ideal areas for liposuction, use of general anesthesia, and recovery times
- Discuss fat transfer breast augmentation cost and payment options
- Discuss other procedures you may be interested in
- Set up a surgery date
At home, be sure to:
- Take time off work
- Ask a relative or friend for transportation and at-home assistance
- Set up a convenient recovery space with all your necessities
- Preplan or prepare meals and snacks for your recovery
After Breast Augmentation
During the healing process, ensure proper healing and optimal results by:
- Getting plenty of rest
- Staying hydrated
- Eating healthy, well-balanced meals, full of plenty of protein
- Staying out of the sun
- Avoiding vigorous exercise, weight training, etc.
- Wearing your compression or surgical bra as directed
- Taking medications as directed
- Following your surgeon’s directions regarding wound care, sleeping, and bathing
Q&A: Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
How many cup sizes can you gain with fat transfer procedure?
The amount of cup size increase with a fat transfer breast augmentation varies. Typically, one fat transfer session can create an increase of about one-half cup to one cup size.
How much does fat transfer breast augmentation cost?
Fat transfer breast augmentation cost can vary widely based on factors such as geographic location, surgeon expertise, and the extent of the fat grafting desired. It’s best to book a consultation and get a more accurate quote directly from your plastic surgeon.
How long does fat transfer to breast last?
How long the results of a fat transfer procedure can last will vary depending on the patient’s natural anatomy, how much excess fat they have, and the skill of their surgeon. Ideally (and in most cases), a significant portion of the transferred fat will survive in its new location, and the effects will be long-lasting. Patients must maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle in order to maintain their results, however.
Can you get a fat transfer with breast lift?
Certainly. Autologous fat transfer (transferring fat from one place to another in the same individual) can accompany a breast lift if the outcome of these surgeries is ideal for the patient’s desired results.
Call Us Today to Book a Consultation Appointment
Plastic surgery techniques are advancing daily, and our breast augmentation fat grafting procedure is just one example of a new surgery that’s taken the beauty and aesthetics world by storm. Women interested in adding modest volume to their breasts (or evening out uneven breasts) can now do so easily.
And the bonus is, they can have liposuction where they want it at the same time. Just look at breast augmentation with fat transfer before and after photos to get an idea of what this amazing procedure can achieve.
To learn more about the fat transfer process for a natural breast augmentation, book your consultation appointment with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ashley Steinberg today. Breast fat grafting is a great way to feel and look your best — you deserve it.