Are you dreaming of a more impressive, show-stopping chest? As we age, our ‘girls’ can sag and droop. Fortunately, getting breast implants is easy and affordable. Hundreds of thousands of women have gone under the knife for breast implants and are thrilled at the results.
When you look at ‘the new you’ in the mirror after the breast augmentation procedure, you’ll feel your self-esteem and confidence soar. But before you decide to pump up your chest, it’s essential to understand the different types of breast implants and everything about them.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET BREAST IMPLANTS?
You looked in the mirror the other day and noticed your chest isn’t as ‘high and tight’ as it was 10 years ago. Maybe you should undergo breast augmentation surgery. But why do women do it?
Check out the common reasons for breast implant surgery below and see if you hear yourself in them:
- You want to look incredible in stylish clothes: To fit appropriately in that dress or blouse, you might need a larger or firmer chest. Breast implants can expand your wardrobe options and make you stand out from the crowd.
- You want to look better naked: Let’s be honest: Who doesn’t want to look hotter in the bedroom? Some women feel self-conscious about small or drooping breasts. They want to make their partner hot to trot with those new and improved appendages. It’s a massive self-esteem builder.
- You want enhanced self-esteem: For many women, an attractive chest is the essence of true femininity.
- You want to enhance your shape perk things up: Aging, pregnancy, and weight loss can be tough on your chest. They can lose their beautiful volume and shape.
- You want to balance your uneven breast: Most women have one bigger than the other. If the size is too much different, it’s noticeable.
TYPES OF BREAST IMPLANTS
So if you are looking in to a breast augmentation or a breast augmentation with lift, let’s review the common types:
SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS
Silicone breast implants feature an outer shell made of silicone that is filled with semi-solid silicone gel. They come in a variety of sizes and can have textured or smooth shells.
Silicone gel breast implants have FDA approval for breast augmentation in those 22 and older and breast reconstruction in women of all ages. They also can be used in revision surgery, which corrects the result of the first surgery.
SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS
Saline breast implants feature an outer shell made of silicone that have saline filled implants.
Some saline implants are only filled with sterile salt used by the plastic surgeons during the procedure, while others are pre-filled.
If your implants are filled during the operation, you can have smaller breast implant incisions that result in smooth implants with minimal scarring.
FDA approved saline implants for breast augmentation in women 18 or older and breast reconstruction at any age.
Your surgeon can change the size of your saline breast implants without further surgery.
BREAST IMPLANT SHAPES: ROUND VS TEARDROP BREAST IMPLANTS
Round and teardrop breast implants are two distinct silicone implant and shape options available to women considering breast augmentation. Each type has its own unique appearance, characteristics, and benefits. Understanding the differences between teardrop breast implants vs round implants can help you make an informed decision when it comes time for your surgery.
For starters, teardrop shaped breast implants are designed to imitate the natural contours of the breast. They have a tapered appearance, with more fullness in the lower part of the implant and a gradual slope toward the top, which resembles a teardrop.
Take a look at round and teardrop breast implants before and after photos, and you’ll immediately see that teardrop implants are favored by women seeking a more natural-looking result. Teardrop breast implants images show that they blend seamlessly with existing breast tissue and provide a gentle enhancement.
Round breast implants, on the other hand, have a symmetrically spherical shape. They offer equal fullness at the top and bottom of the breast, resulting in a more rounded appearance.
Round implants provide a more pronounced projection, so they are often chosen by women who want more dramatic results. They are versatile and suitable for various body types, offering a fuller look, particularly in the upper part of the breast, which enhances cleavage.
SAFETY INFORMATION FOR BREAST IMPLANTS
Many women want a more impressive and feminine chest, but it’s crucial to understand both implants’ vital safety information. FDA tells us that breast implants don’t usually last a lifetime. The longer you have breast implants, the more likely you will need another surgery to replace them.
Common complications and problems with both implants include:
- Capsular contraction, where scar tissue forms around the breast implant, require another surgery to remove and/or replace it.
You may need an MRI to determine if an implant of saline and silicone has ruptured. But a ruptured saline implant is more straightforward to detect than a ruptured silicone one.
TYPES OF BREAST IMPLANT PROCEDURES
Whether you get a silicone or saline breast implant, you can have three significant types of procedures. Also, implants can be put behind your breast tissue or behind the chest muscles. Putting them behind the chest muscle may reduce the chance of scar tissue contracture.
Significant types of procedures to consider are:
- Inframammary fold: The incision is under the breast and provides your plastic surgeon with more control of implant position. About 80% of all breast implants with both types are done this way.
- Trans-axillary: The incision is done under the armpit, and the implant is placed above or below the chest muscle. There is no scar on the breasts, so that you may prefer this option.
- Peri-areolar: Incision is made around the nipple, and the scar usually blends into the areola edge.
Questions and Answers
What type of breast implants are best?
The best type of breast implants depends on individual preferences, body anatomy, and specific goals. Both silicone implants and saline breast implants have their advantages and disadvantages, and what’s “best” varies from person to person. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation surgery.
What are the types of breast implants?
- Saline breast implants
- Structured saline breast implants
- Silicone breast implants
- Gummy bear breast implants
- Round breast implants
- Smooth breast implants
- Textured breast implants
What are the most realistic breast implants?
Consensus generally leans towards the belief that teardrop-shaped silicone implants, sometimes referred to as shaped or anatomical implants, tend to yield the most universally natural-looking outcomes.
REQUEST A HOUSTON BREAST IMPLANT PROCEDURE CONSULTATION
So you want to perk up that sagging chest or make your ‘girls’ a showstopper. You need to set up a Houston breast implant consultation with Dr. Ashley Steinberg today!
She’ll talk to you about the benefits and risks of the various implants and determine if you’re an ideal candidate. You can also talk to her about breast implant explant in Houston.
- Breast Implants Overview. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/breast-augmentation/implants
- Types of Breast Implants. (October 2019). Accessed at https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/breast-implants/types-breast-implants
- Breast Augmentation Implant And Procedure Types. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/surgery/plastic/breast/procedures
- Breast Reconstruction accessed at https://www.drsteinberg.com/procedures/breast/breast-reconstruction/
- Breast Lift accessed at https://www.drsteinberg.com/procedures/breast/breast-lift/