Are you finding it hard to ignore the signs of aging when you look in the mirror? Don’t worry: You can make your face look younger with various cosmetic procedures performed by your cosmetic surgeon.
This guide provides information about why people want cosmetic procedures on their faces, different types, recovery times, and more.
Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures For The Face
There are many cosmetic procedures available today to make your face look younger, both non-surgical and surgical. Below are descriptions of the most popular non-surgical procedures.
This is probably the best-known non-surgical procedure to make a face look younger. Botox involves several injections that lower the muscle tension that leads to wrinkles on the face, including around the mouth, nose, in the corner of the eyes.
Botox injections are a simple procedure, and you can look younger and fresher in just days. Botox injection results tend to fade after a few months, so expect to go to your cosmetic surgeon two or three times per year for upkeep. A few injections of botox can help your face and neck look younger, smoother, and free of wrinkles.
As we get older, we use volume in our faces that cause sagging, drooping, and wrinkles. Fillers can help replace lost volume and make your face look smoother and plumper again to make you look years younger. Fillers such as Juvederm are injected in critical spots to offer more volume to smooth out your wrinkles and sagging skin. Fillers are a good choice to plump up your cheeks and make your lips fuller.
Juvederm injections only take about an hour, and the results can last up to 24 months. You also can get other fillers that encourage collagen production around the lips and eyes to take years off your appearance.
If you long for that radiant glow of your 20s, a chemical peel could be just what you need. A chemical peel enhances and improves your face’s skin texture. The peel takes off the top skin layer, so you have fresh, younger skin left behind.
Results provide smooth, tightened, and fresh-looking skin. Peels are usually done on the face and are popular on the hands, chest, and neck. A peel can treat rough skin, acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and sunspots.
Surgical Cosmetic Procedures For The Face
Some cosmetic procedures for the face are surgical and require invasive surgery that includes general or local anesthesia. Below are the most common options to give you a more youthful face.
A facelift is done by making incisions around the face’s perimeter. Your plastic surgeon lifts and repositions your skin. Then, she tightens the underlying connective tissues and muscles. Removing excess skin and fat also is an option.
A facelift can reduce sagging skin and wrinkles and make you look many years younger. You will experience some bruising and swelling for a few weeks, and final results may take six months to appear.
You can get a more prominent chin with a synthetic implant to give you a stronger, more even face. Also, you can have your chin reduced by changing the underlying bone structure. Various surgical procedures can be performed on the chin to correct most problems.
SEE ALSO: Houston Chin Liposuction
Also, your plastic surgeon could take away extra fat and tissue to make you look younger. Chin surgery is a popular option that provides a quick, dramatic improvement in appearance.
Rhinoplasty is the technical term for a nose job, which reshapes the cartilage and bone in the nose. Your plastic surgeon can reshape the nose by taking out, adding, or rearranging various parts of the nose. The nose is a central feature of the face, and a slight change can make you look quite different.
Nose surgery involves wearing bandages and a splint for a few weeks. So, you may need to take some time off work as you recover.
Your surgeon will use a surgical blade to remove the top carefully layers of dead hair and skin on the face. This cosmetic procedure takes away dead skin, oil, and dirt and uncovers healthy, younger-looking skin. It only takes 20 minutes or so, and the results show right away.
What You Can Expect
If you think you want to have cosmetic procedures on your face, below is more information about what to expect:
- Consultation: Your plastic surgeon will review your various cosmetic procedure options and will ask what you want to change the most about your face. Based on your responses and a physical examination, she’ll offer the best options to accomplish your goals. Keep in mind that surgical procedures are serious operations, and she’ll need to know about your past medical procedures, allergies, and current medications.
- Procedure: Please review the non-surgical and surgical cosmetic procedures mentioned earlier.
- Aftermath: Depending on the procedure you have, your surgeon will provide you with bandages and/or pain medication, but some non-surgical procedures are quite simple and require little care afterward.
- Recovery: Your recovery can be minimal to a few weeks long. Most non-surgical procedures require almost no recovery time, but surgical options such as rhinoplasty can take a month or longer.
Request a Houston Cosmetic Procedure Consultation
If you think you’re interested in cosmetic procedures for your face, please set up a consultation with Dr. Ashley Steinberg today. She’ll talk to you about the benefits and risks of various facial cosmetic procedures and determine if you’re an ideal candidate.
- Cosmetic Surgery Overview. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cosmetic-surgery/about/pac-20385138
- Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Overview. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/cosmetic-plastic-surgery-overview
- Cosmetic Procedures. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures